Body Issues.


I came across an interesting post on Facebook and was not disappointed when read it through to the end.
It's important that all people get this message but especially women. 
So, please read the wonderful letter "When Your Mother Says She's Fat" by Kasey Edwards.
I, as any other female, am not exempt from tormenting thoughts about body image. But despite still being so young I have a certain feeling of assurance that I am beautiful, no matter what number I see on the scale. Further on, I know for sure that that number is nobody's business but mine. I also find it quite curious that my sense of beauty often does not correlate with other's. I see beauty in strange places and find it comforting that Umberto Eco says that ugliness is more beautiful than beauty. Controversial, but I find it to be true.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Quote

“The gift of willingness is the only thing that stands between the quiet desperation of a disingenuous life and the actualization of unexpressed potential.” - Jim McDonald

«Я не то, что со мной случилось, я — то, чем я решил стать».

- Карл Густав Юнг

Twitter Updates